Jan 6, 2016

Konnichiwa 2016!~

Words are not enough to explain how excited I am to be back and bloggin' again! It's been 6 months a while since my last post, and although I've been meaning to get back to blogging, my hectic schedule won't let me. But I can feel it that this year might be different because of my class schedule for second and last semester (as an undergrad student).


What's good, 2015?


2015 was a hectic year for me, mainly because of schoolwork and being unable to use my time productively. Aside from that, I also enrolled myself to a review center, and the classes took most of my Sundays for almost two months. I read less novels too, but I did reached my reading goal of 65 books because of the manga and comics / graphic novels that I've been reading and collecting for the past few months.


Some of the novels that I read last month were Fire From Heaven by Mary Renault (I'm into historical fiction nowadays, and so I thought, why not start with the general who has been part of my childhood?), All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (the reason of my book slump because it's oh so good), and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (I definitely will not forget those swoon-worthy scenes of Achilles and Patroclus).

my reaction for every swoon-worthy scenes *Achilles & Patroclus*
*Alexander & Hephaestion*
Also, I ultimately failed the reading challenges that I signed up for last year. I think the only challenge that I completed was my Goodreads reading challenge. Nevertheless, I am quite satisfied with the books that I've read, a lot of which made me bawl my eyes out. *Looks at All the Bright Places*



Hello 2016!


I have a lot of plans for this year! I can't wait to share to you guys the graphic novels that got a hold of me, as well as the manga that I read during summer last year. I can't also wait to share to you guys the novels that I've read and my thoughts about them (warning: there might be a lot of crying gifs).



So the first thing that I did for 2016 was to finish The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker. If you love Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, there's a high possibility that you will like this too! I also read the first volume of The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen.

I hope that 2016 will be an amazing year for all of us! I can't wait to meet new friends, and I promise to be less shy when it comes to interacting with my fellow bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment