Jan 28, 2016

2016 Reading Plan

I made a list of the books that I must read for this year. I would probably read some books that are not on this list, because who can't stay away from the most anticipated books for 2016? Definitely not me. Anyway, these are just some of the titles that's been sitting on my shelves since forever, and it's finally their time to get their spines cracking!






1) The Persian Boy by Mary Renault


This is the second book in the Alexander the Great trilogy written by Mary Renault. I absolutely enjoyed reading Fire from Heaven, the first book in the trilogy, even though it took me a while to adapt to how the story was narrated.








2) The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan


You probably have heard this one before since they adapted this into a tv series. I did watched the first season of the tv adaptation and I got hooked. However, I wasn't able to catch up with the series, so I just decided to read the books instead (also, the books are 10000x better than the adaptation).






3) Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


This is what I'm currently reading, the second novel in the Throne of Glass series. Sarah J. Maas is going to have a book signing event here sometime in March, and I'm planning to attend with some friends.







4) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


I managed to get some of the remaining few copies of the hardbound with acetate dust jacket (is that what they call it?), since I was told by my friend that the local bookstores around here are no longer restocking this kind of hardbound edition. I heard that the book is really great, so I can't wait to read it!






5) Walk On Earth A Stranger by Rae Carson


This one was highly recommended by my friend, so I immediately placed it in my TBR list. I also got a physical copy of the book as a gift, so I'm pretty much stoked to read it~








6) Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro


The main reason why I want to read this one is because it will be turned into a Japanese drama, starring Miura Haruma. He is one of my favorite Japanese actors, and I absolutely cannot wait for the drama. I already bought my own copy, so I will be reading this soon so I could go ahead and watch the Japanese Drama. (I kind of want to know what will happen in the book and see how different it is in the drama)





7) Away We Go by Emil Ostrovski



Eriele of This Is Not Your Book Blog lend me her ARC because she wants to share the pain that this book caused to her heart. This is the novel that I should really read ASAP since there's actually a line of people waiting for their turn to read this book. The book will be out on April, so watch out!






8) Funeral Games by Mary Renault


This is the third and final novel in the Alexander the Great Trilogy, and no matter how much I don't want the series to end, I also want to know what happen right before Alexander died. Just like what they say, all good things must come to an end.







What are your reading plans for 2016? Is there a specific book that you've been dying to read? Have you read some of the books listed above? Share your thoughts down below! I can't wait to hear from you!




1 comment: