Aug 6, 2015

August TBR

Hi! I can't believe that it's August already! I am kind of excited for this month for a whole lot of reasons, but going back to school is not one of themNational Bookstore will be holding book signing events for Matthew Quick (Silver Linings Playbook, Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock) and Meg Wolitzer (Belzhar), just in time for the Philippine Literary Festival. I also got a handful of books that I really, really want to read before I go back and become totally busy with uni stuff. Here's the books that I want (and must will) read for this month!

   

Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault: I started reading this last month, and I can't seem to finish it because I'm fangirling too hard. Fire from Heaven is the first novel in the Alexander the Great trilogy.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: This is the first novel in the Back to Back List Book Club headed by Dianne of Oops! I Read A Book Again. This will be the 2nd time that I'll be reading Fangirl, and I love Cath (and Levi). I can't wait to re-read this one!

Paper Towns by John Green: I really want to watch the movie, BUT I haven't read the book yet. I'm hoping that the cinema is still showing the movie adaptation by the time I finished reading the book.  

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Although the Grisha Trilogy was an okay for me ( I love Mal and Nikolai, and I would like some Darkling too) and didn't leave any hardcore feelings upon finishing it, I would surely want to visit the world again. Luckily, Six of Crows is the latest novel set in the Grisha world, wherein we have a new set of protagonists (I really do hope that the characters in the main series will make an appearance)! I guess it is sort of a spin-off. My friends have already read this (thanks to Eriele of This Is Not Your Book Blog for lending me your ARC!), that's why I need to read it asap because I already have the book, and my friend is waiting for me to finish it.


So there goes my August TBR! I'm hoping to finish them all before starting other books that's in my TBR list. What are the books that you're going to read for this month? Comment them in down below or you could link your own tbr post so I could check it out.~

I found myself wanting to read historical fiction lately. I would really appreciate it if you recommend some of your favorites! Just comment them down below! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment