Jan 10, 2015

Birthday Book Haul


Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers share what books (physical and digital) they received, won, bought, and borrowed during the week.



It's been a while since I shared something like this. I've been over the moon and stars for the past few days because I kept on buying novels (thanks for the Christmas money that I received). Moreover, we've had a Christmas party, and well, I asked for a book. Also, me and my friend exchanged gifts, and here's the catch: we should give each other a novel of different genre. 

I turned 19 last January 6 (Happy birthday to me!), and most of the books pictured above were the ones that I bought for myself as gifts. Thus, the title. 


All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: If you've been following me on twitter, perhaps you'll be well aware of how I've been dying to read this one. After visiting six bookstores in three days, I finally got a copy! I'm still waiting for the hardbound because the cover is soo gorgeous! 

Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead: The reason why I bought this is because I wasn't able to find a copy of AtBP. I've been wanting to read this one ever since Richelle Mead announced her new series, but since I prefer the one with the cover from the hardbound/trade paperback, I completely forgot about it... until I stumble on this one and finally bought it. 

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang: This one's been buzzing all over the different social medias, that's why I just had to grab one and buy it. It has this metallic sheen cover, and wow just imagine how it would feel and look like in hardbound.



Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk: I was caught off-guard (in a good way) when I remove the Christmas wrapped and saw this. Haunted is a collection of poems and short stories, and they're all creepy. I'm so happy for  my first Chuck Palahniuk book.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: I got this from our post-Christmas party last week. I already ordered the first book, Cinder, a few months ago, and I'm expecting for it to arrive this month. Which means that I wouldn't be able to read this one sooner. Anyhow, I'm totally excited to get on to this because everyone's been buzzing about it! 

Star Wars: Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn: I asked my brother to lend me a copy of one of his Star Wars novels, and this is the one that he recommended for me to read. I don't know what I'm jumping into, that's why I'm pretty much pumped up to read it.


Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: Finally got a copy even though I've already read it in ebook format! Also, my Delirium collection is finally complete! The only thing left to do now is to binge-read/marathon the series.

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern: I actually bought this last December, because I'm kind of wanted to read something new. I've heard that they made a movie adaptation for it (which I've watched yesterday!), and OMG this. novel. is. perfect.!!!!! 





Beginning the year by buying books was definitely a good start! Hopefully, I'll be able to read (and buy) more for this year! 

Which of these books have you read? Share your thoughts down in the comment box below! I can't wait to read them all! 



5 comments:

  1. YAY for Scarlet! I loved that one even more than Cinder. Gameboard of the Gods was a little slow for me. It's not been my favorite Richelle Mead, but I still need to know how the series ends. And Pandemonium...well that one was spoiled for me before I picked it up so I had a difficult time with it. But I LOVED Delirium! Nice haul!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the Lunar Chronicles!

      I hope that Gameboard of the Gods will work for me! (Although the first chapter didn't really excite me that much)... I can't wait to re-read the Delirium series (Oh gosh, Alex!), and to see how it will be wrapped up in Requiem. I've heard not so good things about it though.

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul of books. I hope you love all your new books. They look so good. Scarlett is supposed to be very good.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They definitely look good!

      Delete
  3. Fun stuff! I really should add Delirium to my list. Hope you enjoy your books; they all look good :) Here's ours: BiblioJunkies Happy Reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete