Dec 22, 2014

2015 Reading Challenge

It's been a while since my last post! Anyway, I want something new for 2015, and I realized that I haven't done any reading challenges, so I've decided to do a handful of them for the year 2015, even though I have a hunch that it will be a busy year for me. But I know I'll be able to find a way around my soon-to-be busy schedule.

So after doing some research, I've managed to compiled the following reading challenges, and I'm sooo pumped up! 


The Re-read Challenge - Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With


I love re-reading books! Moreover, I love re-reading series! Basically, the purpose of this challenge is to re-read books! The rule is quite simple. After re-reading a novel, you just have to answer the following questions on your blog post:

WHEN I First Read
WHAT I Remember
WHY I Wanted to Re-Read 
HOW I Felt After Re-Reading

And that's it!
I actually have no idea which books I want to re-read, but I'm hoping that I would be able to read at least two novels per month, so by the end of the year, I would be able to re-read at least twenty-four novels! 

For more details about this challenge, you can visit the sign-up posts by Belle of the Literati here and So Obsessed With here.


2015 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge - The Book Vixen


So far, I've read fifty-five books this year. There's a few days left before 2014 ends, so I may be able to squeeze in a lot more reading. For next year, I want to read more books, may it be fiction or nonfiction. I'm hoping that I will outdo myself this year. It will be a quite an achievement fosho, considering that 2015 is a very busy year for a third year college student like me.

For more details on this challenge, you can visit the sign-up here.  


2015 Monthly Motif Challenge - Bookmark to Blog


 The gist: there will be a theme or motif that will be assigned every month, and you have to read a book that suits that theme/motif! Here's the following themes/motif for every month:

January - Book to Movie or Audio
February Award Winner
March -  Genre Jumble
April - Mystery, Murder, and Mayhem 
May Library Love
June Take A Trip
July Standing Up
August Alternate Reality
September Furry Friends
October Goblins, and Ghost, and Ghouls, Oh My!
November An Oldie but a Goodie
December That's a Wrap

For more details, check the sign-up post here!


2015 Debut Author Challenge - That Artsy Reader Girl


I'm sure that there's a lot of wonderful debuts that awaits us for the year 2015, and I can't wait to get on on this challenge! (I've already set my eyes on some novels, and I can't wait to get my hands on them!)

Here's a list of 2015 Debut Authors that Jana lovingly provided for us! If want to know more about the deets of this challenge, you can go ahead and check the sign-up post!


2015 Read Harder Challenge - The Book Riot

The aim of this challenge is for readers to read more and expand their reading horizons, as well as to read harder. There's 24 challenges all in all, and I'll be including the some of the challenges that I will be doing:
  1. A collection of short stories (either by one person or an anthology by many people)
  2. A book published by an indie press
  3. A book by or about someone that identifies as LGBTQ
  4. A book by a person whose gender is different from your own
  5. A microhistory
  6. A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade
  7. A book that is a retelling of a classic story (fairytale, Shakespearian play, classic novel, etc.)
  8. An audiobook
  9. A collection of poetry
  10. A book that someone else has recommended to you
  11. A book that was originally published in another language
  12. A graphic novel, a graphic memoir or a collection of comics of any kind 
  13. A self-improvement book (can be traditionally or non-traditionally considered “self-improvement”) 
You can check out the full list of the reading challenges from Book Riot here.



There goes my 2015 Reading Challenge! Go ahead and sign up too!




1 comment: