Oct 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Edition


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This week's topic is Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween SpiritTop Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween

I've decided to divide the list into two categories: books and characters.

TOP 5 BOOKS TO READ

1. Coraline by Neil Gaiman

This is my very first Neil Gaiman novel, and it was also my bedtime story many years ago. The story is about a girl named Coraline who discovered a small door in their new home that leads to another dimension, and their she found her 'other' parents, both were much more interesting that her real parents, except that they have buttons eyes. This would really be a good read for this Halloween!



2. Resident Evil: Caliban Cove

Resident Evil is a horror game franchise, and it was adapted into novels, which follows the story line of the game. Resident Evil: Caliban Cove is the second novel in the series, and it continues right after the ending of the first novel, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil franchise, that's why I just can't skip and not read these novels. I'm re-reading the series, and I'm currently reading this one, and if my memory serves me right, this was the creepiest novel in the whole series.




3. Breathe by Cliff McNish

The story is about Jack who just moved in into an old house after the death of his father. Jack suffers from asthma, and it almost took his life more than once. He is used to danger, until he met the ghosts of the children trapped inside their new home, and the ghost of the woman who will do everything just to make Jack stay.




4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

This is what I'm currently reading, though I'm still in the fourth chapter. Anyway, I've had this book for months now, and I'm excited of finally being able to read it! Most of my bookish friends have read this one, and they highly recommend it. The lovely pictures were creepy, and those alone would totally make me want to read it. 






5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

This is a very creepy read. I will try to re-read this one for Halloween, since the third and final book in the series will be released this month. A must read.








TOP 5 CHARACTER COSPLAY



1. Jill Valentine from Resident Evil
May it be the Jill Valentine in Resident Evil: Nemesis or the one in Resident Evil: Umbrella Conspiracy, as long as it's Jill Valentine. Jill is my favorite character in the RE franchise, and it would be an achievement if I can pull someone like her off.


2. Cath from Fangirl

Cath is one of those fictional characters that I can totally relate to, and if the opportunity opens up (like if Rainbow Rowell will have a book signing here), I will totally go as her.


3. Death from Sandman

I just love her.

4. Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments

I mean, who doesn't want to go as the sassy Izzy?

An idea of what Dark-Hunters usually wear.

5. A random Dark-Hunter from Dark-Hunter Series

There's a lot of Dark-Hunters in the DH universe, and most of them are male. I couldn't think of a female dark-hunter to go with, so I've decided to just be a random Dark-Hunter, one that I can customize.


That's all for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Share your thoughts down in the comment section below, and if you have any book recommendations for this upcoming Halloween, just comment it down below!

5 comments:

  1. Death from Sandman is such a great choice! My list: http://bit.ly/1pTY8U5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Coraline, one of my very favorite stories for Halloween. I've got a copy of the Peculiar children story that my friend gave me but I've never read it. That’s a nice list of spooky stories. Happy Halloween! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the other Resident Evil books (reviewed them on my blog lol) but I skipped Caliban Cove. After reading your post, I may just read that asap.

    ~ Cate is Reading Good Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mara Dyer is on my list too :D Such a great series. And the third book is out next week! AHHHH!

    I'm dyyyyying to read Coraline! I've seen the movie and was thoroughly creeped out, so I definitely need to read the book!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I did my TTT entirely on books to read to get in the spirit. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete