Jul 10, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #3 | June and early July Bookhaul


Stacking The Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where bloggers share what books (both physical and digital) they received, won, bought, and borrowed.

These are the books that I've got for the month of June (yes, I know that it's a tad late post) and for the first week of July. 


I got these books on the day of Jenny Han's book signing, which was held last month. Too bad that NBS ran out of paperback copies of Fire with Fire.


I originally bought a hardbound copy of To All the Boys I've Loved Before, but I settled for a paperback one so that I could buy Proxy, a dystopian novel. For those who've attended the book signings of Jenny Han and Stephanie Perkins, NBS announced that Alex London is the author for the month of August. 



The National Bookstore near my house was selling A Storm of Swords for only a hundred pesos (and it's a large hardbound copy!!), so I wasted no time and took it with me to the counter. I heard a lot of good stuff about Danielle Paige's Dorothy Must Die (and my friend spoiled the ending for me -.-), so I bought it when my parents and I made a detour at Fullybooked Katipunan around ten o'clock in the evening. 


Thank you Godwin (of Machinations of my Muddled Mind) for lending me your copy of The Selection Stories! 



This beautiful book was given to me by Diane, whom I've met four years ago in the fan-fiction world of Gakuen Alice. I've read Time Untime two years ago, and I'm ecstatic to finally have my own copy (and in freaking hardbound!) since I'm planning to reread the whole series for the third time. 

Aside from the books that I've bought, got and borrowed, I also have two books that were given to me for reviews. I've finished reading both books just a few days ago, and it was a great and amazing read

 


Which of these books have you read or want to read? Share your thoughts by commenting in this post! Have a lovely week, bookworms!






No comments:

Post a Comment