Book Blogger Test
I've been tagged! Thank you Godwin of Machinations of My Muddled Mind for tagging me! I finally managed to get up and type this one down, so here you go!
What are your top three book pet hates?
- I don't want creases on my books' spines.
- Dog-eared pages are just a no-no.
- I'm choosy when it comes to buying books. I checked the book's cover and spine first to see if there's a tiny damage, and if it has and there's no other stock available, I'm not gonna buy it.
Describe your perfect reading spot:
My perfect reading spot would be my comfortable bed. I prefer to be alone when I'm reading because tend to laugh out loud so it's best to stay in my room, and when I'm reading around my friends, they somehow become my punch bag because I need to vent the feels.
Tell us your three book confessions:
- I never finished reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson, but I did managed to read at least half of the book.
- I gave up reading Pride and Prejudice twice, and I'm sure that I'll pick it up again sometimes this year.
- I ran out of tears when I've read Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, and after reading it, I just lay down on my bed, still reeling from all the feels.
When was the last time you cried while reading a book?
Just last week, July 10, when I was reading Black City by Elizabeth Richards. The last few chapters, for me, were really the highlight of the novel, and it was just so emotional.
What is your favorite snack while reading?
Anything that is available in our good ol' refrigerator.
Name three books that you would recommend to everyone:
- Learning Not To Drown by Anna Shinoda (This is a stunning debut novel!)
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman (YOU JUST HAVE TO READ THIS ONE)
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (If you're a fanfiction writer like me, then this book is perfect for you!)
Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase!
Since I'm staying at my grandmother's house, all of my books are not with me. Anyway, these are the books that I have with me. Except for Phoenix, which I borrowed from Godwin.
Sadly, I don't have a bookshelf. Where do I store my books? I keep them warm and cuddly inside a box!
Write how much books means to you in just three words:
The perfect companion
What is your biggest reading secret?
I've read this certain novels (I'm not going to tell you the title because it's just too embarrassing) back when I was still a first year high school student, and now I'm wondering why did I read those novels (I'm giving you a hint: it's a seven-letter word and the first letter is e).
I am tagging:
Eriele of This Is Not Your Book Blog
Laurence of The Lucius Flux
Raffy of Eccentric Everything
If you guys are following me on twitter, or if we're friends in facebook, you should have known by now that I've read Isla and the Happily Ever After, the last book in the contemporary series by Stephanie Perkins. Thanks (again) to Godwin because I wouldn't be able to read it sooner if not for him. So for my first giveaway, I'm giving a copy of Isla and the Happily Ever After to one lucky reader! Please take note that I would be able to acquire a copy on August 14, which is the release date of the book. You have to wait at least a day or two before I can ship off the book to your place. (PH only)