Oct 24, 2013

Book Review | Micah by Laurell K. Hamilton


Micah (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #13)

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Published: February 26, 2006 by Jove
Format: Paperback
Synopsis:

"RAISING THE DEAD IS EASY. LOVE IS HARD…" 

There are lots of reasons to raise the dead-some private, some public. In this case, the feds have a witness who died before he could speak on the record. They want him raised so his testimony can be taken. So here I am, on a plane to Philadelphia, flying off to do my job.

But I’m not alone. Micah is with me. Micah, head of the St. Louis wereleopard pard. King to my Queen. The only one of my lovers who can stir my blood with just a glance from his chartreuse cat’s eyes. I was happy to have him at my side.

Until he mentioned that this will be our first time alone together. No Master Vampire. No Alpha Werewolf. Just me and Micah. And all my fears and doubts..



When I first saw the book, I was like “It’s Micah. Micah is getting a book,” except the fact that my expectations was quite far from what I’ve read and it serves as a filler, to fill the gap in between the previous and next book, a 245-page novella.

Micah Callahan is a very interesting character. He is one of my favorites in the series. Micah is a pretty much mysterious since we don’t know any background about him until this book has been published. Sad to say, half of the book was about how Anita was afraid or nervous or scared of being with Micah alone. Pretty much half of the book was about the issue of Anita being alone with Micah for the first time. I really appreciate the trip to memory lane of how Micah became a were-leopard, something that is worth reading in this book.

It was a fast paced novella, though it felt rushed and kind of boring at some point, nonetheless the twist near the end surprised me. But it’s definitely not the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment